Monday, August 29, 2016

Transfer week - staying in Bryan


Hello!

This was a really great week! I don't have a lot of time, but I have a lot of pictures. This week is the start of a new transfer, but Hermana Sheirbon and I are staying together. 

Us with the free frozen yogurt we get whenever we want (the owners are members of the church)
  
Us with the Elders in our ward (we used to not be friends, but we are now!) 
We got to go to the temple twice! Once with my zone and once with our recent convert, Alicia. she got baptized last month. She is awesome! She is a really sweet, old lady and she was so excited! We wore matching shirts. She was baptized for her great grandma and it was really special. 
Us matching with Alicia at the temple

The sisters in the zone at the temple
Us in the car driving
A lot of people have been asking me about what kind of food I eat. I eat some interesting things. People here are from all over South and Central America, so I eat food from a lot of different countries. We get fed a lot of rice and beans and chicken. I eat a lot of Mole, which is chicken that tastes like dirt. This week we ate papusas with chicharron and it was the best thing I have eaten on my mission! It was so good! (It's like a pancake with pork skin in it.)

Us with Bianca (she made the papusas)

Us with Bianca's son, Michael

I think my Spanish is improving! (I hope so, anyway!) Tonight I am going on an exchange with an English sister, and we are staying here in my area. So, I will be the only Spanish speaking missionary at our appointments! Prayers please! :) 


Have a great week!


Hermana Bettridge


We pretended this week was a vacation (it seems like we live right by the temple, but we are two hours away)

Us eating lunch after

Lunch after the Temple

Our ice cream from sub zero, Hna had never been there

Hna and I








No comments:

Post a Comment