Monday, August 22, 2016

When we serve others, we serve God


I don't have any good pictures from this week because it rained everyday and I looked horrible,
but here is all of us at zone conference last week!


Hola!

This was a very, very rainy week. (which I love because it's kind of less hot, maybe?) A lot of stuff kept happening that could have made us sad. But, we stayed positive! At least everyday we would do a random act of service for someone else. (We brought the Elders Taco Bell, we wrote nice notes to people in the ward etc.) I felt great! I know that when we serve others, we are serving God. The Book of Mormon talks about this in Mosiah 2:17

And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.


I love being a missionary! Sometimes it isn't super fun to be walking around Texas in the middle of summer, talking to people about God when they don't want to listen, but I love the gospel so much! It's all worth it because I want to share what I know. The gospel has brought me so much joy and peace, and I want others to feel that too in their lives.

God is our Heavenly Father and He loves us! He knows everything about us and everything that is going on in our lives. He cares about us. We need to reach out to Him, and He will respond. I know He has blessed me with so many things in my life!

Have a great week!

Love,


Hermana Bettridge

No comments:

Post a Comment