Monday, May 22, 2017

El Templo

Hola, hola!


The best part of this week was that we got to go to the temple! I love the temple so much! I can't wait until I get to go to the temple whenever I want. 😊 There was also a ward fiesta that was pretty fun! There was really good food (homemade tortillas!)



We did family history with Lesley and were able to find some names for her to take to the temple this Friday! I love Lesley so much! She loves choir, but she decided to skip her last choir banquet because it was on a Sunday and she wanted to keep the Sabbath Day holy. She is amazing!

Other than that, it was just pretty much us trying to find new investigators. We did A LOT of knocking and set up some return appointments, but it didn't really lead to anything. We did find a cool lady named Alejandra who is a former investigator. We went over to see if she had interest in learning again and we ended up talking for almost two hours, so she's cool.

This week I have been thinking a lot about how much I love the Book of Mormon! But, I know there are a lot of people who don't understand what the Book of Mormon is or why we even need it. The Bible was written by prophets and apostles who were living on the other side of the world (like in Jerusalem.) But, we know that God loves all of His children. At the same time the Bible was being written there were people living in other parts of the world. God sent prophets to these people, as well, to teach them about Jesus Christ.

The Book of Mormon, like the Bible, was written by prophets and apostles who were living around the same time. The difference is that it was written by prophets that were living on the American continent. They wrote their experiences on plates, and the prophet Joseph Smith was led by an angel to find them and was able to translate them by the power of God.

The Book of Mormon doesn't replace the Bible, but by reading it we can learn more of what prophets taught about Christ! Reading the Book of Mormon has brought me so much closer to Christ, and I have learned so much more about His life.

I would love to send a copy of the Book of Mormon to anyone who would like one! Just send me your address.

I love you all! Have a great week!


Love,




Hermana Bettridge




Fotos:

The Temple

We got to hold these newborn puppies! (They will be gross pit bulls one day, but they're cute for now)

Our district. We took a "texas" picture.






No comments:

Post a Comment