Monday, March 6, 2017

This week is my halfway mark! 😁 😭



Hola!


This was an amazing week full of miracles!



Elizabeth's baptism!

The best thing that happened this week was that Elizabeth got baptized! Unfortunately the water heater in the church broke, so we had to boil water in the kitchen and carry it to the font. It was still pretty cold, but the Spirit strong! She sang a song after and it was really cute!







El Plan De Dios Puedo Seguir 
Letra
Mi vida es un don, un plan se le dio,
allá en el cielo fue donde empezó.
Opté por venir a este mundo terrenal,
y procurar siempre la luz celestial.
Puedo el plan de Dios seguir,
confiar en el amor que me da.
Y obrar y orar,
en sus sendas caminar.
Y aquí podré ser feliz
con Dios más allá.



I will follow God's Plan
Lyrics ( in English)

My life is a gift; my life has a plan.
My life has a purpose; in heav'n it began.
My choice was to come to this lovely home on earth
And seek for God's light to direct me from birth.
I will follow God's plan for me,
Holding fast to his word and his love.
I will work, and I will pray;
I will always walk in his way.
Then I will be happy on earth
And in my home above.
Words and music: Vanja Y. Watkins, b. 1938. (c) 1981


This week we were visiting less actives and felt we should go see this random family we 
didn't know. We went to the woman's house and she let us in. She and most of her daughters were all baptized several years ago, but are now inactive. We taught the entire family the Restoration and they all loved it. They all came to church on Sunday! We set baptismal dates with one of the daughters who wasn't baptized yet and her 11 year old daughter! They are so excited!

We found out this week that starting tomorrow we will be mentoring in an elementary school! We will be working with first graders for eight hours a week for the rest of the school year! I am so excited because it's going to be like I'm in college again! We are there to help them with their schoolwork, and to be their friend/example. That should be an awesome experience and I can't wait!


Also this week we went to deliver a Bible to someone who requested one from mormon.org (on a side note, if anyone would like a free Bible or copy of the Book of Mormon you can get one onmormon.org!) We gave it to her and asked if we could share a message with her. We started teaching the Restoration and she loved it! She told us she had a dream that she went to heaven and there were people waiting to get in. She said she knew she had to do something to help them, but didn't know what. She asked us what her dream meant. We told her it would make sense as she continued meeting with us and reading the scriptures. I wanted to tell her her ancestors were waiting for their temple work to be done, but we will get to that later 😉 I know as missionaries we are lead every single day to people who are ready to accept the gospel because they have ancestors on the other side who have learned about the gospel, accepted it, and are waiting for ordinances to be performed on their behalf.


I know Heavenly Father loves us so much, and wants us to be happy!

I love you all and hope you have a great week!


Love,

Hermana Bettridge




Fotos:

Houston North Spanish Zone


We went to La Madeleine to celebrate life



No comments:

Post a Comment