Monday, March 27, 2017

Seis semanas mas en H3! (Six More Weeks in Houston Zone 3)


Hola!


This week was crazy! I was preparing to leave the area, and said goodbye to everyone. Then we got the call last night and learned that I am staying and Hermana Calderon is leaving. We were really surprised! I am excited to stay in this area, but I am going to miss Hermana Calderon so much! I have learned so much from her. We are going to be friends forever!


Us on the bench at our school! I am excited to spend six more weeks with sweet kindergarteners and 1st graders for eight hours a week :)

My mission mom (my trainer) is also dying this transfer! I love her so much. She taught me everything I know, and she changed my life/mission! She is going to do great things, and I am so excited for her!

Other than that, it was an awesome week. We didn't have any baptisms this week, but we were able to set a baptismal date with one of our new investigators named Karen! She met with missionaries two years ago. She wanted to get baptized, but her boyfriend was living with her. He didn't want to get married, and she was pregnant and didn't want to kick him out. Now they are separated. She looked so happy when we invited her to be baptized! She came to church with her kids on Sunday and loved it! Her kids are super cute, and I am so happy they get to grow up in the gospel now!

I thought I would be leaving this week, so I said my goodbyes to everyone in the ward. It is also Hermana Calderon's birthday on Tuesday. So, we show up at our dinner appointment on Sunday, and Albert had planned this surprise party and ordered a giant tres leches cake in the shape of a Bible with our faces on it 😂 These wards have their issues, but I love them so much!
The cake "Hna Bettridge gracias por su trabajo" (Thanks for your work) Jokes! I'll be here working for six more weeks :)



 

then it was Carolyn's turn!



This week was also awesome because we had zone conference! A bunch of the zones got together, and President and Sister Mortensen talked to us about eternal marriage and the importance of the Melchizedek Priesthood. It was amazing, and I learned so many things! I know that through the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ families really can be together forever. I know that Heavenly Father didn't intend for marriages to last only until "death do you part," but that it is possible to be with the ones we love for time and all eternity!

This next weekend is General Conference! That means we get to hear from living Prophets and Apostles. I would encourage you to watch, and have your questions answered. You can watch this Saturday and Sunday on lds.org


I hope everyone has an awesome week! We are going to hit hard on finding this week, so I would appreciate it if you could keep my new companion and I in your prayers :)




Love,




Hermana Bettridge


Fotos:
We had two flat tires at different times in the ghetto this week, but the elders helped us!

My mom and I! I am going to miss her!

All of my awesome past comps :)

My best friend 😉 

The district

Us throwing confetti at our party







No comments:

Post a Comment