Monday, March 20, 2017

Another baptism and a chicken



Hola!

This week Samuel got baptized! We also finally got the water at a comfortable temperature! (Which was a miracle!) The only problem was that I was sitting there playing prelude, and he wasn't there yet. His mom called us to say that their car broke down and they didn't know what to do. So we drove down with a member to pick them up. The baptism started an hour late, but it was amazing and Samuel was so excited! He loves the gospel and can't wait to serve a mission in 9 years! 😁 



This week we were talking with a Bible referral named Crystal. (The one who had the dream about the Spirit world) She told us before we got started she felt like she had to tell us something. She told us that she had been reading Matthew the night before, and had a dream the middle of the night. She had written down pages of notes that she said were part of her dream from God about how the original church Christ established needed to be restored. She wrote down that she had to receive the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands, that she needed to repent, and that the Church needed to be restored. So we pulled out a pamphlet and told her that's what we were going to share with her. She started crying and said she had a feeling we were sent from God. So we shared our message. We left her house and she called us and asked us if we thought she should talk to her pastor about what we shared. We told her to pray about it, but she might want to learn a little bit more before that. I think she talked to him and got into some anti because now she won't meet with us again. That's super sad, but I'm so grateful I was able to witness that miracle! I know Heavenly Father is preparing people everyday to listen to the message of the Restored Gospel and that we are led to find them! 


We have been helping Maria, who got baptized last week, with her family history! She has been able to get the last four generations! She is super excited, and we will be going with her to the temple this Friday to do baptisms!


I went on an exchange with Hermana Fernandez this week to her area. We went to our dinner appointment at this family's house that had a pet chicken. They also had a dog, but the dog and chicken are friends and the dog protects the chicken. I asked if I could pet the chicken, and the daughter brought the chicken over. I guess the chicken was mad we were eating chicken, because the chicken then started flapping her wings and ran across the table. The food flew everywhere. The mom was really embarrassed, but I thought it was so funny. The picture is of the chicken right before she ran across the table. 

The chicken, her name is chicken little

This week I started the Book of Mormon over with Hna Calderon! I am reading it all the way through in Spanish for the first time, and she is reading it through all the way in English for the first time. I have been thinking a lot about Nephi and how he always obeyed the Lord even when it didn't make sense at the time, or when he didn't have a plan. I know that obedience brings blessings. It takes faith to keep the commandments, but the Lord always provides a way. 


That's about all that happened this week. Transfers are next week, and I will probably be leaving because I have been here for six months. I am sad this is probably my last week.

I love you all! Thank you for your support!


Love,


Hermana Bettridge


Fotos:
This building reminded us of the Saratov approach, we delivered a Bible to someone in there #sketch
My companions/ favorite people!

I played the piano and Hna Calderon led the music at the baptism

















No comments:

Post a Comment