Monday, October 10, 2016

(Technically) Done with training!


Hello!



This is a super cute old lady (she is almost 90) I met on the exchange in Madisonville. 
She served a mission in Mexico 70 years ago! We talked in Spanish, 
she still remembers a lot! She teaches an English class in Madisonville and is the sweetest!





























This was a crazy week but it was great!


I will start with the sad part, Hermana Sheirbon and I are being transferred away from each other! 😭I am super sad, but we knew it was going to happen because my training is over. I am leaving College Station and Hermana Sheirbon is staying! I am sad to be leaving (after finally getting to know the ward!) but I am excited to go to a new area! We thought I would be staying since she has been here three transfers now, so that was a surprise, but I am excited to go to a new place and meet new people. I have no idea where I am going, somewhere in the Houston area! So stay tuned for next week!


This week we did see an awesome miracle! We were knocking and we found this man, Rigo. We taught him and when we came back we found he had read several chapters of the Book of Mormon. He prayed about it and said he knew it is true! So we set a baptismal date with him for October 29th! He came to church yesterday and loved it! I am excited to hear what happens with him!


I went on exchanges this week in Huntsville and Madisonville. In Madisonville it is so rural they have drive an hour to get to their next appointment. We were in the car for four hours that day! That night we went to the high school football game to contact people. It was fun! I forgot how crazy people in south are about football 😜

Here are some pictures from the week.

I love you all!


Love,

Hermana Bettridge


Hermana Sheirbon had a meeting in Houston this week, so we got to go to Bucee's! It was the best day ever! (Bucee's is the best gas station and so much more.)

No comments:

Post a Comment