Monday, October 17, 2016

Loving The New Area!

Hola familia y amigos,


Said goodbye to one of my favorite families in Bryan, the Faz family

The biggest news this week is that I am now serving in the city of Houston! I am serving in Houston 3rd Ward (Spanish) and Melbourne Ward (English.) I miss College Station, but I am really excited to be here. I love it so much even though it's sketchy! The other day the Elders' bags and iPads got stolen.


My new companion is Hermana Kiser (like kie-sir.) She has been out 8 months and was also trained in College Station! She is from Utah. She is funny and I can tell we are going to have fun and also have a lot of success this transfer!


At the "pit" that we turned into a park

My second day here we got to help build a playground at an elementary school. It was really hot outside, but we had a fun time and the kids are so excited to finally have a playground. While we were working on that we met one of the Elders' investigators. We helped him plan how he is going to propose to his wife so she can get baptized and they can get sealed next year. ❤️ He did it and they are going to get married Saturday morning and she is going to get baptized Saturday afternoon!

We do not have many investigators right now, so we do a lot of contacting. We spend a lot of the day knocking doors. We did find 7 potential investigators through knocking this week!


I love the ward and members here. On Saturday everyone we visited wanted to feed us. We were fed four huge meals in 6 hours. I don't know how I did it!


Have a great week and go do something to help someone else!


Love,




Hermana Bettridge

Our signs somehow helped the construction progress


My new address is:

Hermana Carolyn Bettridge

404 Oxford St #2206

Houston, TX 77090


Rosa, Alicia, and Jesus Fernando

Saying goodbye to our friend at the laundromat! One day he will get baptized!
















No comments:

Post a Comment