Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Last Post from the Missionary Training Center

OH MY GOSH!!! TOMORROW I WILL BE A REAL MISSIONARY IN HOUSTON!!!!


I am so excited, but a little terrified! Since I will be leaving the MTC tomorrow, just email me if you want to contact me and do not send a dear elder. I will include my mailing address next week when I know what it is. :) I also have no idea what day my P Day will be next week, so we will see!


There are over 2,500 missionaries here now. There are around 1,000 in the MTC choir. I have loved singing in the choir here, it always brings a really special spirit! That has been one of my favorite things about the MTC. Next week Nashville Tribute Band is doing a concert at the MTC and the choir is singing backup on some songs. I would be sad I am missing that, but, I didn't know who they were until a few weeks ago. 




This week I went with one of the girls in my zone to her cardiology appointment. WE FOUND A VENDING MACHINE WITH REAL COKE IN IT! (for some reason the MTC only has caffeine free) So, we were pretty excited! Mine says "I've had the time of my life!" #missions The time has gone by so fast for me! I will be coming home in 16.5 months! Crazy!


On Sunday nights we have a speaker come to a devotional for an hour and then we can go watch various (church) movies around campus. I was excited, because they were showing "Joseph Smith" in French. I went around, found two girls that wanted to come with me, arranged for their companions to go with different people, got permission from all of the right people, arranged meeting places etc. It was a lot of work! I was so excited to go listen to French again! For the devotional Hna Taylor was playing a piano duet (she's pretty good!) so we were sitting in the front row. The MTC President got up and said that instead of having a speaker come we were going to watch Bednar's Character of Christ (which I love!) When it was over, the lights came on, the doors opened, AND ELDER BEDNAR WALKS IN THE DOORS FIVE FEET AWAY FROM ME. HE LOOKED RIGHT AT ME! (for you non mormons, Elder Bednar is a member of the Quorum of 12 Apostles and I've never been that close to an Apostle and it is a huge deal he was there.) So, I didn't get to go to a French movie, but I got to be in a question and answer with an apostle. (For more information on living prophets/ apostles go here https://www.mormon.org/beliefs/restoration)


This week, as I get ready to leave, I have been thinking a lot about why I am here on a mission. It certainly hasn't been easy, and I know it will get harder. I think this video sums up why I am here. We were never promised this life would be easy, only that it would be worth it. I am here because I know that when I have hard times in my life, Christ understands. Because of Him, we don't have to have guilt over things we have done. Despair can become hope. Because of Him, we have second chances. (and third and fourth and fifth chances!) I am here on a mission because I know that because of Christ, my life is joyful and I have peace. I am here not because I want to teach people about Christ, I want to help people know Christ. So, watch the short video, no matter what your relationship with Christ is! I promise you will learn/feel something new! :)
https://www.lds.org/youth/video/because-of-him?lang=eng


I love you all and I appreciate your support!


Love,


Hermana Bettridge



Here is my district's last picture together (we slowly started leaving yesterday, I am in the last group to leave) 

No comments:

Post a Comment