Tuesday, October 31, 2017

The Country

Hola, hola!

For my last six weeks in the mission I got transferred to CONROE! Conroe is a little town about 45 minutes away from Houston. We are still in the Spanish stake, and our area is huge! It’s mostly just a lot of little towns in the country. Even though I didn’t LOVE Canyon Lakes at first I was REALLY SAD to leave. (And to leave Hermana Calderon, but she is training and I am so happy for her trainee!!!) But, I know this is where Heavenly Father needs me to be, so I am happy to be here! And I will hopefully get to go back to Canyon Lakes for some baptisms :) I got to Conroe, and I felt so much love for all of the people here! My companion is Hermana Morales! I got put with another native speaker! She is awesome! She is from Arizona and is a little over halfway done with her mission. 

Hermana Morales ❤️ 

At one point we were knocking on a door and I realized I was cold! I think summer might be over! (Finally!!!)

We have some great investigators. This Saturday I will be having my first boda/bap! (Boda = wedding, When you are baptized you make a promise to keep God’s commandments, including the commandment to only have sexual relations within marriage. So, if two people are living together and want to be baptized they have to be married first. So a boda/ bap is when there is a wedding and then the baptism right after!) Her name is Keyonee, and she is so ready to get baptized! I love her so much! She is from Utah, so she has been around the church for awhile. She loves the gospel!

We are working with a lot of kids, so I am really happy about that! (Speaking of kids, the Canyon Lakes hermanas just set a date with Julian, who I got to teach a little bit before I left!) Two of our other investigators are Chris and Ariel, these cholo kids. We went to teach them, but they just wanted to run around the yard and punch each other. So we read the story of Ammon in the children’s Book of Mormon and then acted it out. They liked throwing rocks and pretending to cut off arms. They want to get baptized, but their mom wants them to wait until they’re older. A ver!

This week I have been thinking a lot about how much Heavenly Father loves us! All of us! He has a plan for all of us! He can make so much more out of our lives than we can by ourselves. My mission hasn’t been exactly what I expected, but Heavenly Father has put me around the exact people I needed and the places I needed to be. The gospel is amazing! I was sitting in sacrament meeting yesterday and I started tearing up because I realized I only have five more weeks! Ahhh!!!

I hope everyone has an amazing week! If anyone wants to write me a letter (I would love it) my new address is:

Hermana Bettridge
1900 Westview Blvd #811
Conroe, TX 77304
Que tengan una buena semana!


Love,


Hermana Bettridge


Fotos:

Saying goodbye to Luz! She will be getting baptized on the 11th ❤️ 


Saying goodbye to Hermana Cervantes and Juan Carlos


Chris, Ariel, and Jorge (Jorge got baptized a few months ago)


We made slime at our dinner appointment

No comments:

Post a Comment