Monday, September 18, 2017

The Biggest Miracle of My Mission 💕



Hola, hola!
 
Mucking out houses on Mexico's Independence Day 


The title might be a little dramatic, but this week was TRANSFERS! Hermana Peña finished her mission 😭. I miss her, but I'm excited for her! I was super nervous to find out who my new companion would be, and I wasn't going to transfer meeting this time. So, Hermana Fonua and I had to go to the church and wait for our new companions to show up. Obviously, I called everyone who was at transfer meeting, but they wouldn't tell me who my new companion was. So, I was freaking out. And then there was a knock on the door and HERMANA CALDERÓN WALKED IN. I freaked out!!! (There is a video below.) So I am very happy! The rest of my mission Is going to go by so fast. (Hermana Calderón and I were companions for three months back in H3 and she is my best friend! ❤️)




Other than that, our week has been mostly service with a little bit of teaching in between. We did have zone conference this past week, and Elder Uceda of the Presidency of the Seventy came! He talked to us about how our purpose as missionaries is to help others become disciples of Christ. He said the way we need to help others is to make sure they are praying and reading the scriptures on their own.

The next day we were working on a house. We had finished the houses we were assigned to for the day, so we knocked some doors to see if anyone else needed help. We found these two cute old ladies! Their husbands died, so they moved in together. They just had a few family members to help them, and they needed a ton of help! One of them said she had prayed that morning that God would send people to help them. We got to work on the house, and President Peterson texted us to ask where we were because he was stopping by some houses. We texted him the address, and he showed up with Elder Cornish of the Seventy and Elder Uceda! Crazy times! So we got to talk to them and shake their hands. Super cool!

Zone Conference was really good! President talked to us about the importance of being prepared, both spiritually and temporally. He talked about how this hurricane is a learning experience for us, and how we can see the importance of making sure our future families are both spiritually and temporally prepared. President talked about how the Lord knew calamities would come. That's why he gave us the priesthood. Throughout the aftermath of this storm I have seen the importance of relying on the things that really matter. I have loved helping others get their lives back on track, and provide spiritual support such as praying with them.

I love you all, and I hope you have an amazing week and notice the Lord's hand in your life!

Love,


Hermana Bettridge



Fotos:


Saying goodbye to Hermana Peña 


Reunited


Our zone being united ❤️ 


Us with Hna Black who is training in H3! 


The hermanas of the zone!


Us with Jones!


At Buffalo Wild Wings for Hna Hurst's birthday


Us with Elders Cornish and Uceda

 

No comments:

Post a Comment