Monday, September 11, 2017

I'm famous ⭐️

Hola, hola!

This has been an exciting week of service!  


This is Priscila! She is three. We mucked out her grandma's house. Hna Peña sat outside and rested her foot and played with her. Priscila told me I was pretty when I looked really gross, so she is the real MVP.

Wednesday: Was more of a normal day. We had interviews with President! Then we made some Mormon Helping Hands flyers in Spanish and posted them around. We ate with a member, and then Hna Peña had a meeting.

Thursday: We volunteered at Northwest Assistance Ministries. Basically we just sorted stuff. On the way back (we were over by where I used to serve in H3.) I saw El Pibe, this Mexican popsicle store that is the best. I yelled "Pibe! Let's go." But the driver didn't pull over. Then Hna Peña had to have minor foot surgery again. At night we visited Juan Carlos! Thankfully no water got into their house. He helped muck houses this weekend with the ward! It was a fun visit because they made us carne asada.

Friday: We had district meeting, and then we all went over to Northwest Assistance Ministries to volunteer again. I drove, so I made everyone go to El Pibe on the way back. In the afternoon we mucked out some more houses. The houses we are mucking are really gross now because they are the ones that sat with high water for several days. They all smell terrible and have mold growing in them. (Don't worry! I wear my mask 😉) At night we went and visited Chely! She evacuated to Dallas with her sister, but is back now. (Thankfully everything was okay with her house.) She is excited to keep learning. Sadly, she couldn't make it to church this Sunday, but we are hoping to get her there this week.

Saturday
: We mucked out houses! Marvin from Bear Creek was there, and he took us out to eat at Chili's after. (Chili's is my favorite place!!!)

Sunday: We still only had sacrament meeting (in our yellow shirts) because our building was being used as a command center. People from all over came down to help. Then we spent the rest of the day mucking out houses. 


So, I now am really good at house demo! So good that I made an appearance on Mormon Newsroom! 😉 There is a link to the video below

In other news, Hermana Peña is going home tomorrow! I can't believe she's done! I am so glad I got to be her companion for the last three months. I am going to miss her! I will get my new companion tomorrow. (I still don't know who it is!) 

I also got my return flight info!! Crazy! I will be home December 6th at 3:30 P.M.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Love,



Hermana Bettridge

Fotos:

Us at El Pibe! (The best popsicles for 33 cents.) I told everyone to look excited for the picture, the most excited is the guy inside the store. 

I GOT TO SEE MY BEST FRIEND! Hna Calderón and I were reunited when volunteering this weekend. We saw each other in the parking lot and started running toward each other 😂 


Chili's with Marvin and his kids!

My celebrity screen shot
to see the whole video, click HERE


Hna Peña's funeral

Here is a link to the mission president's blog post this week click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment