Monday, June 12, 2017

La Bicicleta 🚴🏼‍♀️ πŸ‘—πŸ‘‘


Hola, Hola!!


I woke up to the BEST SURPRISE EVER. MY TRAINER/MOM HERMANA SHEIRBON IS HERE VISITING AND SURPRISED ME!!! I love her so much and am so happy!! So, that pretty much made my entire week. Also this week I had my last interview with President before he goes back to California and the new president comes. It was really good and he talked to us about planning and working more with part member families. Also this week I HIT MY YEAR MARK! I can't believe I have been out a year! I will be coming home in four transfers, which is nothing!

Bikes

This week we were on bikes! No, I'm not as cool as my bff Hermana Calderon, but we spent a day on bikes. We serve in this ward with a set of elders; we have a car but they have bikes. They needed to drive down to eight week follow up, so we were nice and traded them for the day. It was REALLY HOT and REALLY HARD! We were super sore and sweaty after. I am super grateful we have a car! I have a ton of respect for missionaries on bikes! 

Bikes


and more bikes!


This ward is just the best! We planned a noche de hogar with Uvaldo and his family. We told our ward mission leader and invited him and his wife. They brought treats, and they mentioned to the bishop that we were going over there. So the bishopric also showed up last minute because this ward is just that awesome! We taught a fun lesson about prayer. Uvaldo's kids have a hard time praying; they always forget what to say and freeze in the middle. So, we made them this fun dry erase prayer book where they could write out what they wanted to say in their prayer beforehand. It worked and Yulieth said her first prayer all by herself! We were super proud! Later in the week we had another noche de hogar with a less active and her two little girls. We talked to them about prayer too. They are from El Salvador and made us these good frozen, chocolate bananas. 


We spent a lot of this week visiting less actives, former investigators, and part member families. We had a lot of success! Four of the new investigators we found this week came to church! Things are really starting to pick up here!

This week I got to go on an exchange with Hermana Fernandez, who is one of the coolest people ever. This is my fourth exchange with her, and probably my second favorite exchange ever! (my first favorite involved her and Hermana Calderon, but that's another story.) We found some really less actives and a part member family that came to church on Sunday! I love her so much! She is an awesome teacher, and everyone we talked to loved her too! ❤️

This week I was reading in Jeremiah 31. I loved these verses.

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.


This prophecy is still unfulfilled, we are now responsible for hastening the work and sharing the gospel with everyone. But, the days will come when everyone will know the Lord.


I was reading a talk by Elder Vaughn J. Featherstone Of the Seventy and he quoted these verses and talked about a training that President Packer gave to General Authorities about how this prophecy will come to pass. He said this training changed his life. He said "President Packer’s message was that we must live worthy to have the Holy Ghost with us 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for the rest of our lives. This was not a message for us only; it is a message for every member of the Church. Can you imagine what would happen if every man, woman, youth, and child lived in such a way as to qualify? We would startle the world."


I know that our lives will be blessed as we live worthy to have the Spirit with us ALWAYS! We can do that by testifying every day, not just when we're called on to speak once a year. We can study and ponder the scriptures every day. And we can pray always!

Que tengan una buena semana!


Love,



Hermana Bettridge



Fotos: 

Me with Presidente πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
Noche de hogar 🏑 


Hermana Fernandez "La reina de Mexico" (jk, that's what people call la virgen de Guadalupe)

No comments:

Post a Comment