Monday, January 9, 2017

"Si no vive para servir no sirve para vivir" - Hermana Torta

Hola!


Hemos visto muchos milagros esta semana!
(We have seen many miracles this week!)

Carolyn's new companion Herman Calderon


This week I was sad to say goodbye to Hermana Kiser. She went to H10. But, I know they are going to love her there! Hermana Calderon came to me! She is so fun! We came out the same day, so I'm with someone my own "age" for the first time. She was born in Mexico, but moved to California when she was 2.  She goes to BYU. I met her for the first time in the closet at the MTC at 2am when we were both trying to weigh our suitcases and she asked me where I was going and I said Texas Houston Mission and she got really excited because she thought she was going to be alone! (She was in the class for people that already spoke Spanish)

I forgot how different things are here in the ghetto until Hermana Calderon started pointing them out to me, like dead dogs in the street.


So many awesome things have happened this week! The Book of Mormon musical is here and this guy at a gas station thought we were celebrities.

I am really looking forward to this transfer! I love Hermana Calderon! We both work hard but have fun too.

I have been out 7 months now and I can't believe it!!!

I love you all!


Love,



Hermana Bettridge

New members in the district


No comments:

Post a Comment