Monday, September 19, 2016

Enviado desde mi iPad 😘

Hola, amigos!



This week I had my eight week follow up. All of us trainees and
trainers got together with President Mortensen. Us trainees taught
lessons to the other trainers and they gave us feedback. I had been
super nervous about eight week ever since I got to Texas because I
knew I would have to teach in Spanish by myself. But, I ended up doing
well! The best part of eight week is that I got my iPad! I can now
read my emails throughout the week, so feel free to email me whenever!
😀 I can still only respond on Mondays.



Our investigator, Jose, is still on track to be baptized next month!
We are super excited! His daughter found out she has a tumor this
week, so prayers for their family would be appreciated. The Elders
started teaching Kevin and Erick this week, and they agreed to make a
goal to be baptized October 15th! That made us so happy! This week we
started teaching a part member, Sandra. We are hoping to set a date
with her soon.


 We saw a cool miracle this week, one morning we decided to do our
studies at the church (which we never do!) This random lady pulled up
in the parking lot (we were the only people there) and told us that
she drives by the church every day and she always feels something. She
said she is really going through some hard things in life right now
and that she thought we might be able to help her. We started teaching
her the Restoration right there in the parking lot and she loved it!
Unfortunately, we had to give her over to the English elders, but we
were so happy we were able to be there and make that first contact.
She came to church yesterday and the elders are now teaching the whole
family!

This week the air conditioning in our apartment broke, so we got to
REALLY experience the Texas summer. But, we are living with some of my
favorite people in the ward, the Morgan family, for the week until it
can get fixed. They are white but they go to the Spanish ward because
he served his mission in Mexico and the wife has learned Spanish. I
love staying with them! They are very "Texas" (they have accents and
say all of the stereotypical phrases like "bless you heart") and are
in their 60s. They are the best. I wish we could live with them all of
the time because they have the best house and they make us the best
food!

This week I have been thinking a lot about baptism. We know that in
order to enter the kingdom of God, we have to be baptized. (John 3:5)
But, what about those who never had the opportunity to learn about
Christ? Are they penalized through no fault of their own? 1 Peter 19
tells us where Christ was during the three days between when he died
and when he resurrected:

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the
unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the
flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

Christ went to preach to the spirits that were in prison. So, we know
that those who have never heard the gospel have a chance to accept it
after this life. I am so grateful to have the knowledge of a fair,
loving God!

I hope everyone has a great week!

Love,

Hermana Bettridge

My MTC companion, Hermana Taylor, and our trainers at semana ocho

No comments:

Post a Comment