Monday, November 13, 2017

πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„ (almost)

Hola a todos!!!

This week I got to go back for Luz’ baptism! It was such a special day! She was so happy! 


Here is what I wrote on Facebook because it sums it up pretty well:
“Four months ago Megan PeΓ±a and I were new in a ward that hadn’t had a baptism in almost a year and a half. Feeling completely discouraged I fasted and prayed that Heavenly Father would lead us to find those who were ready to accept the Restored Gospel. In the middle of my fast we were sitting in church when a woman approached us and asked if she could purchase a copy of the Book of Mormon in Spanish. The English elders had knocked on her door and told her what time the Spanish services were, and she showed up on her own! We began teaching Luz while the English elders taught her husband, Charlie. They read the Book of Mormon, pondered the message in their hearts, and asked God if it was true. Today they were baptized, and in one year they will enter the temple to be sealed together for time and all eternity! God answers prayers. This is why I left everyone I love for a year and a half, so others can be with those they love for all eternity! ❤️ “


In other happy news, CHRISTMAS IS COMING! This week at MLC President showed us the Christmas Initiative this year. Remember #LIGHTtheWORLD last year? It’s really similar this year. The church is releasing a little service advent. Every day in December there is a scripture and a mini service project. I am super excited! It will be available on mormon.org the day after Thanksgiving.

Most of our investigators are not wanting to keep commitments, but we did have two newer investigators come to church on Sunday! We have been doing a lot of finding. (With not a ton of immediate success, but it’s all good! We’ll find them πŸ˜‰) One night this week a youth recent convert, Dennise, asked us if she could come knock doors with us. That was super fun!

There are a lot of members I really love in this ward. We started teaching Kyonee her new member lessons! She is so amazing and loves learning everything she can about the gospel!

This week I was reviewing the General Conference talks, and I reread on of my favorites! I really loved Elder Rasband’s talk. In the talk he quoted Neal A Maxwell who said that “none of us ever fully utilizes the people-opportunities allocated to us within our circles of friendship. You and I may call these intersectings ‘coincidence.’ This word is understandable for mortals to use, but coincidence is not an appropriate word to describe the workings of an omniscient God. He does not do things by ‘coincidence’ but … by ‘divine design.’”

He goes on to talk about how we can see Heavenly Father’s hand in our lives when we look back on everything that has happened. As I read that I reflected on everything that has happened on my mission. I know Heavenly Father always put me in the places I needed to be in order to learn what He wanted me to. Every ward I was in, every companion I had, and every investigator I worked with was not by chance. Heavenly Father loves us so much! On my mission my testimony of how much He cares about us as individuals has grown SO much.

I hope everyone has an amazing week!

Love,
Hermana Bettridge

Fotos:

The day has come! I am on the board of departing missionaries 😱 (see all those? 7 hermanas are going home! That’s like half of us!)


My pals at MLC ❤️ (I got to see CalderΓ³n twice this week #milagros)

A member made us these really good gorditas πŸ‘ 

This is Dennise! She went contacting with us πŸ˜ƒ Conroe is getting ready for Christmas!πŸŽ„ 

I officially became a Conroe 3rd missionary at the Barreras πŸ˜‚

No comments:

Post a Comment