Monday, February 20, 2017

Feliz Dia de San Valentin!


Hola, amigos!


This was the best Valentine's day because I got to be with my love, Hermana Calderon, and didn't get transferred! This is my fourth transfer in H3 and I never want to leave! Life is great, and this morning I realized I could have been buying my tortillas at one of the billion panaderĂ­as around here instead of the grocery store. But for the next five weeks I will be eating fresh tortillas! Also I taught myself how to play the piano on the keyboard in our apartment and played piano for the Elders' baptism on Saturday and for sacrament meeting yesterday.
Hermana Calderon and Hermana Bettridge


It has been a great week of teaching, and we are helping our investigators with baptismal dates continue to progress toward baptism. Our investigator, Elizabeth, will be getting baptized this Saturday and is so excited!

One of my favorite things to share with others is the Plan of Salvation. I am so blessed to have knowledge of the Plan Heavenly Father has for us. I know this Plan began before we even came to Earth. Jeremiah 1: 5 states:

"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."

Just like Heavenly Father knew Jeremiah before he came to Earth, Heavenly Father knew all of us. We lived with him as his spirit children. I can imagine life was good living with God, but there was a limit to how much we could grow. Just like when we can't live with our earthly parents forever. If we did that there would be a limit to how much we could learn, grow, and experience life. So, under the direction of Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ did something we read about in Abraham 3: 24-25.

" And there stood one among them that was like unto God, and he said unto those who were with him: We will go down, for there is space there, and we will take of these materials, and we will make an earth whereon these may dwell;

And we will prove them herewith, to see if they will do all things whatsoever the Lord their God shall command them;"

He created the Earth. He did it so we would be able to come to Earth and receive bodies. He did it because of the love He has for us. And we read that He did it to test us, to see if we would do the things God commands us. I know that We have a Father in Heaven who loves us all and has a plan for us. I know that we are here to be tested, but that as we keep the commandments we will find true happiness.

Que tengan una buena semana!


Con amor,


Hermana Bettridge

Fotos:




Last p day we went to this place where you hit golf balls off a ledge as far as you can. I wasn't that great, but it was pretty stress relieving!
Us admiring how great we did!
More of us because we're cute.
These dogs that were following me around while we were tracting at a trailer park.
Us with Samuel and our commandments board! Samuel will be getting baptized next month!
Our district this transfer
District meeting




No comments:

Post a Comment