Monday, December 5, 2016

Six months!!!

HOLA!

Hermana Kiser, Carol and me

Me, Hermana Kiser, Carol and the elder that performed the baptism
This was kind of a hard week for me, but some awesome things happened! The most exciting thing that happened was Carol's baptism! We are so excited she took that step to follow Christ! She was so happy! Also, I will HIT MY SIX MONTH MARK THIS WEEK! I can't believe I am 1/3 done!

This last week Hermana Kiser and I learned how to play the piano so there could be an accompanist at the baptism. It worked out because when Carol was nervous we said "It's okay! We are nervous too! We are playing the piano in public for the first time in our lives and we are nervous too but we're doing it because we love you!" So we played the piano and it wasn't that awful!

Our investigator, Ivan, will be getting baptized this Saturday. He is super excited! His grandma is an active member of the Spanish ward. He is ten and is so cute! A few weeks ago he told us he didn't know if the Book of Mormon was true, so we told him that he needed to pray and ask Heavenly Father. He said he wanted to do it now. He kneeled down and said "Heavenly Father, is the Book of Mormon true? In the name of Jesus Christ, amen." Then he sat in silence for like thirty seconds with his eyes closed and said "It IS true!" Super cute! Yesterday we taught him about missionary work and service and we talked about Ammon (who he thinks is the coolest for the arm chopping) and he asked if he could be a missionary like us one day. We told him "of course!" He said he hopes he gets called to Hawaii. Then I put my tag on him and we learned the song "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission." (See video below)


Natividad, unfortunately, did not get baptized on Saturday because she drank coffee. We are continuing to work with her and we know she can do it!

Houston Spanish North Zone!

We have been loving the #LIGHTtheWORLD initiative! I have loved focusing on serving others in a specific way every day like Christ would! I would encourage everyone to accept the challenge and go to mormon.org to find ideas to serve.

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment